Sunday, May 30, 2010

Visit to Birpur (Supaul)



Last week , I visited Birpur barrage in course of an official meeting.This is the barrage situated in Nepal but constructed and maintained by India. This high barrage on Kosi is really fantastic. I liked it very much. Here are some photographs;



Kosi River as seen from Barrage



                                                  
                                                         Barrage as seen from side

                                                   I along with other staff o AIR

3 comments:

  1. Hii,
    I am planning to visit birpur after almost 14 year in march 2012.
    I remember photography was not allowed near the barage,when i was in my teen in late 90s).
    Are they allowing now?
    Thanks,
    Jai from Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I could not reply on time. Still I think it is better to place the facts before you. I took photographs and no one resisted. So it can be assumed that photography is not prohibited there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I was able to take few pictures .

    ReplyDelete