Thursday, July 1, 2010

There is something good in everyday

You wake up in the morning, open your eyes and possibly think, “I need coffee or Tea”. Afterwards you proceed to get ready for your day, hustling and bustling trying to either get to work or whatever your agenda entails for that day. Somewhere in your subconscious mind, you have already seeded the thought for the day “today is a good day or a bad day”. At that moment, of that thought, your day begins…

Sometimes despite all your engagements , you feel alone. Most people despise being alone.However, there is a power in being able to find contentment in solitude, even if this is a forced one. In my opinion, a great deal of the pain caused by loneliness is due to a lack of control. Solitude is easy to enjoy when it isn’t forced. I think most people enjoy a few hours or even a few days to themselves if their regular lives are full of activity and meaningful people.

So when you lack control over your situation, solitude becomes loneliness. If you feel your isolation wasn’t chosen, and you can’t control it, that exile can be unbearable. The key, in my opinion, to reducing loneliness, is to regain some control.

For me , the best way to enjoy solitude is by improving my inner world first. I may have had difficulties controlling my loneliness from the outside, but I could control my inner world so that it would be more pleasant to live in isolation.

I believe “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in everyday” and with this intention,I want all my friends to nurture this positive thought by sharing the smallest good thing that made them happy (even if it was for a while) for that day with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment