Sunday, March 31, 2013

Holi at Siwan

     Returned from my home at Siwan on 29th March after celebrating Holi there with family. Last time when i celebrated holi at my home in siwan was in the year 2003 . That time I celebrated this festival with my Father. With the death of my father in 2004 , we never went there during festival days. So much sentiments are attached with that my house , but could not 'dare' to go there in holi .
It is a fact that it is only holi when I tried every year to be with my parents at Siwan or my village. I remember that barring a few (One or Two) , every year I made it a rule to be with them during holi. This 'rule' didnot apply on other festivals like Diwali etc.
My father was such a towering personality that entire area revolved around him for every kind of advice. He was so active in social works that each and everyone of area essentially used to greet him in holi by paying a visit  to my house.

That is the main reason that after the sad demise of my father , that I thought me and my mother , my wife, children will not be able to remain normal at siwan during holi.
Holi at siwan without my father is very disturbing, but life has to move on. So after nine years of death of my father , I decided to go to siwan during holi and feel his omnipresent presence at the home which he had built with so much passion.

It was an emotional visit. I liked and enjoyed it .
"When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile. "

No comments:

Post a Comment